Forum has been closed due to ongoing spam issues.
It is kept search and read-able as a reference. Registrations and logins are disabled. Please use the mailing lists instead.

SearchSearch
[REL] Krusader 1.70.0-beta1 "Hellfire" released!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Krusader Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirk
Webmaster & i18n Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: [REL] Krusader 1.70.0-beta1 "Hellfire" released!

The Krew is pleased to announce the release of the first beta in the 1.70.0 series. Introducing many new, expert features as well as many operational and visibility enhancements. With this release Krusader is heading straight to its second milestone, bringing a feature rich file manager with new technologies and standards to the Linux desktop. We would like to thank the developers, translators, and the rest of the community for keeping us sharp, for beta testing and using our file manager and for your feedback, which makes this product one of the greatest.

Highlights:
  • Drastic improvement of performance when opening folders with lots of files
  • Remote encoding menu for fish, ftp and sftp protocols
  • Text search in files displays the first line with keywords in a search window
  • Various integrated checksum calculating and verifying tools
  • Colorful user interface of many elements such as synchronizer
  • Tab oriented internal editor with syntax highlighting
  • And many, many more that you can find in our changelog...
Release notes | ChangeLog | Download

Last edited by dirk on Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
shie
Author

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject:

news have been posted to kde-apps and freshmeat
Frank
Documentation & Marketing Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: krusader_1.70.0-beta1-sarge1_i386.deb

I built a deb package for Debian Sarge (KDE 3.3.2), i think this package will also work distro's who are derived from Sarge.
The deb package will probably not work on KDE3.4*.
The deb package can be downloaded + source from my website, Dirk will soon mirror the deb package at Sourceforge when he has read my mail.
Happy testing
btw. krusader-cvs contains already some bugfixes
dirk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Frank's Debian Sarge package has been uploaded to the mirrors. In addtion, Matej has build a binary for our Ubuntu users. Fetch both from the download section.
jbaehr
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Dirk, have you written the krusader gentoo-guy? Or should we better file a bugreport?
dirk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I used to file a bug report with an updated ebuild whenever we released a new version. The konqueror and javascript flags have to be added. Had no time to update the ebuild yet.
Mag1c

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: krusader_1.70.0-beta1-sarge1_i386.deb

Frank wrote:
I built a deb package for Debian Sarge (KDE 3.3.2), i think this package will also work distro's who are derived from Sarge.
The deb package will probably not work on KDE3.4*.
The deb package can be downloaded + source from my website, Dirk will soon mirror the deb package at Sourceforge when he has read my mail.
Happy testing
btw. krusader-cvs contains already some bugfixes

Hi Frank,

what about official Debian packages ? What about the maintainer Angel Ramos ?
You are doing a great job providing .deb's as well but i think they should
be released via official Debian repository. I'm a long time Debian user and
when ever i get asked about this or that i allways answer "just do apt-get install ..."

Greets
Mag1c
Senf
Marketing & Product Research

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Mag1c

Believe me that nobody has a wish to replace Angel and his totally polished debian package. This packages that are build and maintained on krusader's site are testing betas only. These are packages, that will never get to repos, since these are not standard debian packages. There is one big advantage of these packages and that is a pree stable testing, bug reporting and of course for those who can not compile, but would like to live on the edge.

When you see a package built by Ramos. That's it The stable Krusader..
dirk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject:

A new RPM for Fedora Core 4 is available. Thanks to Gorescore. According to him you might have to force the installation. Do this at your own risk!
Code:

# rpm -Uvh krusader-1.70.0-beta1-1.i386.rpm
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
        file /usr/lib/kde3/kio_tar.la from install of krusader-1.70.0-beta1-1 conflicts with file from package kdebase-3.4.1-0.fc4.1
        file /usr/lib/kde3/kio_tar.so from install of krusader-1.70.0-beta1-1 conflicts with file from package kdebase-3.4.1-0.fc4.1
# rpm -Uvh --force krusader-1.70.0-beta1-1.i386.rpm
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
   1:krusader-1.70.0        ########################################### [100%]

mg, if you are reading: as far as i know you are doing the official RPM's for Fedora. Do you by chance know why the files go there and how it can be avoided?
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject:

It's Krusader's read/write tar_kio_slave that tries to replace the kde default tar_kio_slave

For the deb package that i have built, i have disabled ( i don't install it ) the read/write tar_kio_slave provided by krusader
In the rules file i have added:
Code:
rm -f debian/krusader/usr/lib/kde3/kio_tar.so
rm -f debian/krusader/usr/lib/kde3/kio_tar.la
rm -f debian/krusader/usr/share/services/tar.protocol
rm -f debian/krusader/usr/share/services/ar.protocol
rm -f debian/krusader/usr/share/services/zip.protocol
Someting similar needs to be done in the spec file befor building the rpm.

I once suggested (on krusader-devel i think) to give the krusader read/write slave an other name, so that there is no conflict and so that you can use both slaves.
jbaehr
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject:

If I understand this correctly the comflicts are resulting from the KIO-Slave tar. This one is part of KDE. But IIRC Rafi pached this to support writing. So the filr Krusader wants to install (and so overwrite the KDE one) is our pached tar KIO-Slave
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Jonas, this is correct.
Why not give the pached KIO-Slave tar an other name so that you can use the kde default (read-only) and the pached one by krusader (read-write) ?
Or is this a bad idea?
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: krusader_1.70.0-beta1-sarge1_i386.deb

Mag1c wrote:

Hi Frank,

what about official Debian packages ? What about the maintainer Angel Ramos ?
You are doing a great job providing .deb's as well but i think they should
be released via official Debian repository. I'm a long time Debian user and
when ever i get asked about this or that i allways answer "just do apt-get install ..."

Greets
Mag1c

Hi Mag1c,

I'm using Debian now for one year, and i don't know everthing about Debian yet (probably impossible), so please correct me if i'm wrong.
btw. i have bought a book about Debian to learn more about Debian, but i need to find some time to read it ...

Here are some reasons why:
  • krusader-1.70.0 will never be released for Sarge (i think) , only for etch-testing-unstable ( Angel wil create an officilal deb ) So i provide an unofficial deb for users who want to use krusader-1.70.0 with Sarge.
  • when krusader_1.51-1_i386.deb was out it contained a bug for opening the handbook, i have created an unofficial krusader_1.51-2_i386.deb that resoves this and reported it in the debian bugtacker, the fix was done in the official krusader_1.60.0-1_i386.deb but never for 1.51 ...
  • If you check the debian bugrtacker for krusader, than you will see that i do the best i can to resolve all krusader debian bugs, Angel uses this info to fix-close these bugs. I create detailed reports for Angel and the rest of the world ( so the workload for Angel decreases significant), all Debian users (an derived distro's) will benefit of all the time that i invest there.
  • building unoffical deb's ( for this reason i don't want to sign the debs with pgp btw. ) helps to resolve issues before official deb's are released.
  • Angel Ramos is heavy occupied, a few days after a new release of krusader i provide an official deb for debian users who don't want to wait until the official deb is available.
  • the unofficial debs are downloaded (see the counter) so there is a user demand for it.
kind regards,

Frank
dirk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject:

dirk wrote:
I used to file a bug report with an updated ebuild whenever we released a new version. The konqueror and javascript flags have to be added. Had no time to update the ebuild yet.

Err nonsense... i've added the USE flags for 1.60.0 already. Submitted an updated ebuild. Until it makes it into portage, the impatient can fetch it directly from the bugtracker.
dirk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Good news for our SuSE users. Thanks to Pascal Bleser aka Guru we now provide a RPM for SuSE Linux 9.3.
Krusader Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: