Forum has been closed due to ongoing spam issues.
It is kept search and read-able as a reference. Registrations and logins are disabled. Please use the mailing lists instead.

SearchSearch
[DONE] Mouse selection modes are back!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Krusader Forum Index -> New Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxiPunkt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Enter a new directory and hold the down key: In Konqueror the focussed file will also be selected, in Krusader mode not.

Sorry - I can't follow you here - what keys on keyboard/mouse I would have exactly have to hold/press to reproduce the difference you're speaking of?
- Hold down the left mouse button and press the down-key?
- Something with click and hold?
- Press the down key only?

Even if there is a difference (which I can't find out in the moment): what should this have to do with a "mouse"-mode, when the only difference is by pressing a key on the keyboard? IMHO a little bit confusing in its naming, then.

Your present handbook says something regarding Konqueror-Mode:
http://krusader.sourceforge.net/handbook/konfig-looknfeel.html#mouse_selection_modes
Quote:
Konqueror Mode: pressing the left mouse button selects files -- you can click and select multiple files.

How is multiple file selecting done in this mode? If it's by pressing <Crtl>-key only, it's 100% the same as Krusader-mode! In the moment I'm not able to select more than one file with the mouse only - no matter which mouse-mode is selected.

Quote:
AFAIK there is supposed to be a difference in right and left mouse button selection too. But now that i gave them a try, they seem to be equal.

Well, this is why I am asking - you're speaking about clicking and selecting muliple files. But perhaps it just should be some kind of placebo-mode because some people are more comfortable in Konqueror-mode?
Funny thing that "shie" calls it "self explanatory" in his 1st post here... for me it isn't.

Quote:
I thought this feature was implemented. It probably wasn't compatible with the new selection modes.

Ah, are there some more modes in CVS now? Or do you mean the Krusader- and the Konqueror-mode - which actually behave the same?
Would IMHO be more Total-Commander-like if I could rename files by slowly double-clicking - as in the other 2 modes.
dovydas2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

dirk wrote:
MaxiPunkt wrote:
It is impossible in this mode to rename a file/directory by slowly clicking 2 times on it - is this behaviour intended?

I thought this feature was implemented.

This is not implemented, at least in 1.70.1. If it will be implemented someday, could this feature be optionally turned off, please?
dirk
Webmaster & i18n Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

MaxiPunkt wrote:
Sorry - I can't follow you here - what keys on keyboard/mouse I would have exactly have to hold/press to reproduce the difference you're speaking of?
- Hold down the left mouse button and press the down-key?
- Press the down key only?
- Something with click and hold?

Just press the Down key, you should already see a difference.

We invented a cool a-b-c game for better illustration. There are three files in a directory, the files are called "a", "b" and "c".
Here's an example where Krusader is different from Konqueror mode:

You enter the directory:
Code:
.. (focussed in Krusader and Konqueror mode)
a
b
c

Press the Down key:
Code:
a (focussed in Krusader, focussed AND selected in Konqueror mode)
b
c

Ctrl+Left click on c:
Code:
a (no longer selected in Konqueror!)
b
c (focussed AND selected in Krusader and Konqueror mode)

MaxiPunkt wrote:
Even if there is a difference (which I can't find out in the moment): what should this have to do with a "mouse"-mode, when the only difference is by pressing a key on the keyboard? IMHO a little bit confusing in its naming, then.

Good point. I always refered to them as selection modes, we should change that in the handbook too.

Quote:
Well, this is why I am asking - it seems to be equal for me - perhaps it just should be some kind of placebo because some people are more comfortable with the Konqueror-mode?
Your present handbook says something regarding Konqueror-Modet:
http://krusader.sourceforge.net/handbook/konfig-looknfeel.html#mouse_selection_modes
Quote:
Konqueror Mode: pressing the left mouse button selects files -- you can click and select multiple files.

How is multiple file selecting done in this mode? If it's by pressing <Crtl>-key only, it's 100% the same as Krusader-mode!
Funny thing that "shie" calls it "self explanatory" in his 1st post... for me it isn't.

What i was trying to say: there IS supposed to be a difference in mouse selection too, it's probably a bug, or the description is wrong. I have to check (real) Konqueror again...

Quote:
Ah, are there some more modes in CVS now? Or do you mean the Krusader- and the Konqueror-mode - which actually behave the same?

No, we used to have Krusader mode only.
MaxiPunkt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Just press the Down key, you should already see a difference.

Ah, NOW I got it, thanks!

Quote:
What i was trying to say: there IS supposed to be a difference in mouse selection too, it's probably a bug, or the description is wrong. I have to check (real) Konqueror again...

I checked Konqueror - there it is possible in all different fileview-modes to select multiple files by pressing and holding down the left mouse button while moving around with the mouse. Like this a frame will be drawn and all files inside this frame will be selected. It seems to be important only that you don't click directly on the filenames, but a little bit displaced.

=> If it was intended to also having this feature in Krusader, it's a real bug in Krusader!?!? Please fix it.

Please also have a look at the ability of renaming files in Total-Commander mode - would be nice if that could be fixed, too.
Jarda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Right mouse context menu (Servant Salamander style)

Could you pls implement also "Servant Salamander" style? Right mouse selects files/dirs, but when (fast) double clicked right mouse, context menu for selected item appears. It is very similiar to Total commander style, but waiting with right mouse clicked for context menu is (for me) very delaying - SS style is much faster.

Another "feature request": In Servant Salamander you can right click under files list in panel (blank space under list of files) to show context menu for current directory.

I would really appreciate this features. Thanks
Frank
Documentation & Marketing Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Selection mode documentation

I agree that the (mouse) selection modes are not good explained in the handbook.
Actually the handbook displays the Konfigurator "what's this" help dialogs, and that's it.
I have tried to find the "Dirks selecion mode" tread on krusader-devel, but i can't find it anymore.
I always use the discussions on krusader-devel as base to document the features.

What we need is a better explenation for the handbook and a practical example for all selection modes with the "abc-file game".
The problem is that i can't write something like this since i don't know exactly what are the differences (in detail)
Krusader has so many features that it's very dificult (or even impossible) to know them all in detail.
Also, we should distinguish the difference between the selection modes and the resulting mouse selection behaviour.
MaxiPunkt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Before releasing a new version of Krusader - have the mouse-modes already been reviewed?

I mean these two issues are present in current version 1.70.1

* In Total Kommander-mode it is impossible to rename a file/directory by slowly clicking 2 times on it.
With the original Total Kommander, or with the other mouse-modes in Krusader you can.

* in Konqueror-mode multiple file selection is not possible, although it is described in the Krusader handbook as follows:
Quote:

With Konqueror you can do it by pressing and holding down the left mouse button while moving around with the mouse.

Could you please have a look at these two issues?
MaxiPunkt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Anyone???
ckarai
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
* In Total Kommander-mode it is impossible to rename a file/directory by slowly clicking 2 times on it.
With the original Total Kommander, or with the other mouse-modes in Krusader you can.

Works for me.
Senf
Marketing & Product Research

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Both issues work for me too...
MaxiPunkt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject:

What do you both mean by "works for me"?

Does it work for you in Krusader Version 1.70.1??
Does it work for you in Krusader Version 1.80.0 beta1??
Does it work for you in Krusader Version latest CVS??

I was talking about the last stable release 1.70.1 - there I have both issues mentioned above (I'm runing Mandriva 2007).

I now even created a new account for a testuser to be sure that this is no sideeffect of old config-files - but I have the same issues also here.

If the problems have been fixed in newer versions than 1.70.1 I would be happy.

With which version of Krusader did you do your tests?
Senf
Marketing & Product Research

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject:

Sorry, didn't read carefully.
I tested on latest CVS. 1.80.beta doesn't work for me cause of some dependency issues I cursed on myself and don't know how to get it right again Same goes for 1.70.1.
Krusader Forum Index -> New Feature Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: